Friday, December 7, 2012

Day 7: "What is the best way to relax after a hard day?"

My first thought was, "Booze."  So sorry.  Bad influence and all that.  This might be what happens when everyone you work with is in their twenties (you remember, back when hangovers weren't guaranteed or long-lasting). 

In truth, the first thing I do to relax on a daily basis is change out of my work clothes and wash my face.  I put on comfortable clothes and slippers.  I remove all traces of makeup.  I take off my watch and earrings.  Then, most of the time, I read.  I love to have an actual book in my lap, but I'm fine with my Kindle, as well.  The one thing I do not want to do when I get home is talk.  To anyone.  I love what I do and who I work with and our customers, but we spend the whole day being excited and happy and it's only after we've left work that we realize just how much energy we've exerted.

On those days when I am particularly weary, I take a bath.  I toss a Lush bath bomb into the water and all that weariness melts.  Sometimes I toss in a Lush bath melt and use part of a bubble bar as well, but I'm usually too tired to be creative.




No comments:

Post a Comment

The LostGirls would love to hear what you have to say about it...however, we reserve the right to edit or delete comments which we find hateful, off-topic, offensive and/or possible spam, etc.