Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Bzz Bzz Bzz


There are some nights when I can't sleep because there are too many thoughts zipping around in my head.

I'll try to read in bed, but find that I'm traveling down a different road of thought than what is on the page.  And then another one intervenes.  And another.  And another.  They might be somewhat related, but they're aren't in line enough to work well together.  It's like my brain is filled with buzzing coming from too many different places, bzz bzz bzzes colliding in mid air.

That is when I know that I need to write.  And when I sit down to do so I don't use any kind of format because this kind of mental disorganization needs to be documented as is, so it can be sorted out later.  It's certainly not going to allow any sorting beforehand.

Sometimes I feel like paper and ink.  Sometimes I want the rhythm of clacking keys (as much as they "clack" anymore) to keep me company.  Either way, I let word after word flow out of me, even if they don't go together.  I ignore grammar and punctuation, which I'm usually such a snob about.  I write for the sake of emptying my head and I write until I have no energy left.

And then I sleep soundly.

If I haven't figured it out by the time I'm that tired, at least my mind doesn't feel like it's full of bees anymore.  

   

No comments:

Post a Comment

The LostGirls would love to hear what you have to say about it...however, we reserve the right to edit or delete comments which we find hateful, off-topic, offensive and/or possible spam, etc.