Saturday, June 2, 2012

Another Word on Change

Dear Reader,


A couple of days ago I wrote a really lengthy post about changing up my routine (in life, in general, as well as on the blogs).  Aside from consolidating The Black Thumb and Crafts for the Uncrafty into Uncrafty, I have asked a few friends to let me know what they think could be changed about the blogs, especially LostGirls.  


I've had some really great recommendations and, I realize some of it comes down to personal preference, but I figure it can't hurt to try a few things differently and see how you, our readers, feel about it.  Admittedly, this site exists partly as an outlet for me and my collaborators, but its main purpose is to entertain and involve YOU.  We always want to know what we could be doing better.  And, since I'm new at this, I know there's a lot of room for improvement.


The first thing I'm going to try is writing shorter posts.  This may mean splitting up a long piece over a few days, so we'll see how that works.  It's been suggested that the post Home and Habit was way too long for one day.  I know I have a tremendously short attention span when it comes to reading other people's blogs sometimes, mostly just because I'm busy.  I know you all are, too.  We are also, as a team, working on some posts that will involve more than one of the LostGirls blogs.  Something to look forward to - I'm really excited about that one.


The second thing I'm going to work on is how pictures are posted.  I find Blogger limiting in that regard, but I'm going to try a few widgets to see if I can put slideshows up instead of a long post that is mostly pictures.  If you have any ideas, I would more than welcome them!


The last thing I'm going to work on for this week is to update the LostGirls Store.  I've already cleaned it up a bit (fewer categories), but I'm also going to attempt to write descriptions and/or reviews for the products listed.  I really love the items I put in our store, but I do love to shop a bit too much.  I'm still working on it, but check out the Gifts section.  I think you'll like it.


I hope you'll stop by and check out the changes and let me know what you think.  I'd love to hear from you and I really appreciate you reading our blog.
Much Love,

   LostGirls Jess
P.S.
Don't be afraid to leave a comment - we'd love to have an open discussion about improving the LostGirls world! 

2 comments:

  1. I think it's probably a good idea to shorten posts. I know, when I'm reading blogs, I tend to read a lot of them at one time, and prefer short posts, or I end up not reading the whole thing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Meg was the one who pointed that out to me - it's one of those things that you don't realize is an issue when you've got Writer Brain going, then someone tells you about it and Blogger Brain says, "Um. Duh." I can barely keep up with the blogs I have on my own Google Reader account, so I should know better!

      Delete

The LostGirls would love to hear what you have to say about it...however, we reserve the right to edit or delete comments which we find hateful, off-topic, offensive and/or possible spam, etc.