Friday, January 24, 2014

Now here's an idea

Traveling with a netbook or even worse a heavy laptop computer when you're going to another country just does not sound appealing to me.  What I had not considered until about two minutes ago is that I can just use the option on my iPhone to speak into it instead of typing.  So when I go to Italy in April for my brothers wedding and to spend time with my mother I think that this is the best way to do things.  I won't have to use my mother's computer, as it is the only one in the house, it won't take me very long to write everything, and though I will have to edit - it won't be very much.  So this is my test run.   There won't be any fun pictures of course in this case - I'll have to figure out how I'm going to do that later - but I think this is going to work pretty damn well.

Now let's see if I can figure out how to post this sucker.

Ooo, here's how to post a picture!



Online notes:  

I don't know what happened with the fonts up there, but it's not the end of the world.  

What I was trying to say, but am a little foggy-headed right now, is that using an iOS device's ability to convert talk to text will mean I can just bring my iPhone - no computer needed.  Since I only have two weeks in Italy this April, I want to limit what I'm bringing with me.  And since I'm attending a wedding, I'll be losing some space to things I'll only wear the once while there (heels, foundation garments, a dress).

I'm going to create a new board for LostGirls on Pinterest for travel tips and such.  If you have anything to share along those lines, it would be much appreciated.  While I have been to Italy twice (Mary lives there, so I always have a place to stay), I am a bit of a nervous traveler when I'm going overseas.

We bought the tickets today, which has just made it real for me and now I'm freaking out because I'm so damn excited.  

Also, the apps for learning Italian that are designed for kids are perfect for me.


No comments:

Post a Comment

The LostGirls would love to hear what you have to say about it...however, we reserve the right to edit or delete comments which we find hateful, off-topic, offensive and/or possible spam, etc.