Tuesday, July 24, 2012

50 Shades of Absent

My apologies for being absent the last couple of days.  I have been working on a post about the Fifty Shades series (forgive the title of this post, by the way, but I'm sure you're used to it by now), which has meant reading a lot of good and bad reviews, blog posts about the books and some excerpts from the first book.  I still haven't decided to actually read it, since I hadn't planned on it before, but there is so much controversy and angst about it, I'm wondering if I can really write a fair post without at least attempting to read Fifty Shades of Grey.  Let me be clear - I'm not thinking of writing a book review on it, I'm just baffled by the obsession a lot of people seem to have with the work of E.L. James and it honestly fascinates me...so of course I want to write about it on here!


I have written and scrapped three drafts about this series so far and am now thinking I should just read the first book and get it over with.  Do I have to read the whole thing?  Did anyone reading this post like it?  Would you recommend that I read it?  I'd love to hear what everyone thinks.  So far, most of what I've seen and heard has been negative.  I'd complain about that, except some of what I've read has been hilarious (read Jennifer Armintrout's recaps here).  Looking forward to further conversation about this, if not to the actual reading of the book.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The LostGirls would love to hear what you have to say about it...however, we reserve the right to edit or delete comments which we find hateful, off-topic, offensive and/or possible spam, etc.