Thursday, July 19, 2012

Embracing the Suck on Uncrafty


If you haven't already figured it out from my last post, I have a serious problem with being bad at things.  When I said that I wanted to already know how to crochet, Meg called me on it, telling me that my perfectionism was going to be the end of me (I'm paraphrasing).  She is correct.  I am a perfectionist and it is hindering my progress.  


You would think that wanting things "just so" would be a good thing, but more often than not I have the tendency to stick with the things that I know I'm already good at.  I defend myself by saying that I'm improving upon those things (which is true to some extent), but I'm doing myself the great disservice of not broadening my horizons.  If I want to learn something new, I have to be okay with the fact that I'm going to totally suck at it for a while.  [read more...]

No comments:

Post a Comment

The LostGirls would love to hear what you have to say about it...however, we reserve the right to edit or delete comments which we find hateful, off-topic, offensive and/or possible spam, etc.