Sunday, May 27, 2012

Twits

I wrote a post recently in which I admitted that I'd finally given in to Twitter and what my fears about this particular type of social media were.  Today I want to take a moment to show you why I'm glad that I'm a part of it now.  Other than the obvious bit about getting a little more exposure for LostGirls and the other sites, of course.



Thanks to following BeautyReport (thanks to Adrianna), I got to read about some fabulous skincare products that I want, but can't afford.  I know that sounds snarky, so let me clearly state that I was happy to read this post at House of Lavande.  The Liz Earle Instant Boost Skin Tonic sounds dreamy and I'm a big fan of all the Fresh Sugar lip products. 



If it weren't for following Mashable, I wouldn't have come across this lovely parody of Fifty Shades of Grey from Funny or Die, featuring Selena Gomez.  




I also wouldn't know that Tegan from Tegan and Sara loved The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel, which I really want to see and will probably see alone since everyone here has mocked me for thinking it looks good.  



And following NPR Music not only got me thinking more about the way I listen to music, but led me to this Fresh Air interview with Randall Poster, the music supervisor for all Wes Anderson films and many others (so I have him to thank for my love of Elliott Smith, whose music I first heard when I went to see The Royal Tenenbaums).  Which reminds me of how excited I am to see Moonrise Kingdom.  


This is a very small sample of the tweets I'm glad to come across every day.  Yes, there are more that I don't care about than not, but I'm still figuring out who I really want to follow.  I will say this, I have no regrets whatsoever about following Simon Pegg.  If that was the only good thing that came out of Twitter, I'd take it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The LostGirls would love to hear what you have to say about it...however, we reserve the right to edit or delete comments which we find hateful, off-topic, offensive and/or possible spam, etc.