Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Day 11: Someone else's post

As I said in my last post, Day 11 did not happen for me.  That day was a swirl of sleep-deprived, over-caffeinated unawareness of all things.  I got up, I went to work, I worked hard, I came home, I went to sleep.

I feel better now.

Since I don't have anything interesting for you to read from Day 11, I want to offer you a post I just read on BlogHer that I found amazing.  I don't often think about "rape culture," I recall hearing about the issues with a Daniel Tosh joke, but I think I've become numb to a lot of it because it really is always out there and so many people do find it acceptable.  This post is so smart and well-written - the blogger who wrote it is so self-aware and even found a fabulous example of how the subject can be dealt with in comedy in a brilliant way.  I can't just NOT share it with you: Rape Jokes and The Oatmeal from The Belle Jar.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The LostGirls would love to hear what you have to say about it...however, we reserve the right to edit or delete comments which we find hateful, off-topic, offensive and/or possible spam, etc.