Friday, December 14, 2012

NaBloPoMo Writing Prompts for Days 12 - 14: Done in 15 Minutes

I'd say it's cheating, only I'm not sure there are any rules to what I'm doing here.  In any case, I've been either working or asleep the last few days and I'm about to pass out again, so I'm committing myself to writing something for each of the prompts I missed for Wednesday through Friday of this week.  But I'm tired, so I'm going to do it all in 15 minutes and may they not suck so much, for your sake, if not for mine.  Here they be:


Wednesday, December 12, 2012
What do you think would be the hardest job for you to do?
Anything involving emergency services.  I've tested this out.  I was an Emergency Dispatcher for several months and all through my call-taking training I felt like I was going to die.  The way people who suffer from panic attacks feel like they're going to die even though their rational mind should be able to tell the difference between anxiety and actually having a heart attack.  I could handle the compartmentalizing, which you can't survive the job without.  I seemed to soak up the knowledge reasonably well.  But the idea of someone else's life possibly depending on my decision making...I did not deal with that very well.  There are occasions when you need to decide for your own health as well as for the lives of those you are serving that you are simply not the right person for the job.  It was hard to walk away from some aspects of it, but I absolutely felt that leaving was the right decision.
That said, I will forever be proud of myself for getting a high score on the county test for that job and having the guts to try out something that was so completely different from anything I'd done before.  Still scares the hell out of me to think of it, though.

Thursday, December 13, 2012
Are you happier when you're working or when you're relaxing?
Oooo, that's a hard one these days.  I really love lazy days spent reading or watching movies...but I also really love being at my job.  I leave that place with a huge grin on my face every night, so...it's a tie.

Friday, December 14, 2012
Do you think you're yourself at work, or do you think your co-workers don't know the "real" you?
I think my co-workers are unfortunate enough to have to deal with the 100% pure and true version of me because we work for a company that encourages a strong sense of self.  I'd feel bad for them, but I know they're just as loony as I am.  This is the first job I've had in a long time in which I really feel like I can be myself, to the point that I'm realizing how much I was trying to tone down my personality previously.  I'm not saying it worked...

Note for Saturday, December 15, 2012:  On this day I will be working early, then going to see The Hobbit with my brother.  If I have the time and/or energy to post anything, it will probably be some kind of lunacy and should not be read by the public.  Enjoy your weekend!



No comments:

Post a Comment

The LostGirls would love to hear what you have to say about it...however, we reserve the right to edit or delete comments which we find hateful, off-topic, offensive and/or possible spam, etc.